Friday 23 January 2015

47. My everyday makeup routine




Hello everyone! 
How are you all? We both have finished our exams, Caro's having some deserved off time in London and I've been in bed with tonsilitis since I finished them, great innit? I've been meaning to write this post for ages but I couldn't even bring myself to think or edit or just anything apart from sleeping. I'm sorry!
However, here I am. This is a post I've been asked to write a few times so here it is: my everyday makeup routine! In this post I'm gonna explain you what I usually use on my face! (I'll do a tutorial too eventually and a post on lips' care among others.)
To start with, after washing and moisturizing my face I:

1. Apply primer all over my face
I use the Instablur from The Body Shop as it's just the best one I've tried. Amazing quality-price relation and the tube lastes me ages. It helps my pores disappear and my makeup stay on all day. I apply it with my fingers in circular motions.

2. Apply my foundation
I am currently mixing up my Rimmel Lastin finish in the colour 010 Light Porcelain as it's extremely light for me, with my L'Oreal Accord Perfect in Honey. I get my exact colour with them both. I apply it with a foundation brush.

3. Apply my concealer
I'm using Maybelline's Eraser in Light as it covers my dark eyes perfectly and doesn't crease. I also use it under my cheekbones. I use my beauty blender to blend it in. Applying concealer after foundation helps me get a more natural look and make sure my foundation stays in place.

4. Apply eyeshadow primer
I use Benefit's Lemon Aid to even out my eyelid tone. I apply it with a small brush that came in the set with the lemon aid.

5. Apply loose powder
Now I've got a flawless-looking face I want it to last all day! For that I use my reliable Rimmel's Stay Matte powder in 005 Silky Beige. I apply it with a big powder brush all over my face in small taps as I want my foundation to stay on my face, not brush.

6. Face contour
Contour is one of the most important things in makeup for me. I use Sleek's face form palette in Medium. However, I only use the contour powder from there as the bronzer's too shimmery and I find the highlighter too subtle. I apply the contour powder on my cheekbones and my jawline with a contour brush. Righ after that I use my Kiko bronzer powder in 104 (it's matte) as a blush to not make the contour line too obvious and gime me a healthy colour. However, I do use a pink blush sometimes instead of the bronzer if I'm going for a girly look.

7. Eyebrows
Eyebrows. Are. Hella. Important. They frame our face and give us character. I love big brows, however, I'm not saying everyone should have them bushy brows out but let's face it, a natural brow is more attractive than the over-plucked ones we wore back in the day! I have naturally bushy brows, I trim and pluck them myself and I like using Essence's eyebrow designer in blonde to perfect them. However' I won't be repurchasing this as it's a bit darker than my actual brows and I find it quite harder to apply as it isn't too smooth.

8. Eyeshadow
If I have time I like to apply some eyeshadow.I love this Makeup Revolution palette I got a few months ago. It's just so cheap and pigmented and all the colours in it are gorgeous. I usually apply "Now it's only me" on my lid and mark my crease with "Take a chance" and "Million dollar contract" as I'm love pink eyeshadows on brown eyes and I think they're very feminine.

9. Mascara
I am a mascara junkie, I like trying out different ones but I'm currently using L'Oreal Miss Manga again as I love it. I apply it on a zig zag motion from my eyelashes' roots to the ends.

10. Fake eyelashes
Now I don't always do that, basically I don't do it if I'm in a rush but I like applying them if I have time as they make me feel a million times prettier (well as pretty as I can get hahah). My favourite ones are Ardell's Demi Wispies. They're really natural looking and their band is invisible instead of black so you don't even need to apply eyeliner to not make it too obvious you're wearing them. 

11. Lip liner
To end up with, also if I have time, otherwise I'll just put on some lipbalm and get going, I'll apply some lipliner. I love using lipliners as they give my lips that matte look but don't dry them out. I am currently loving NYX's Natural and Rimmel's Tiramisu. They both make my lips look plum but natural. (and they're super cheap!!!)

So that's it! If you've got any question on how I apply any of this just ask away! 

What do you usually apply on your face?

                                            Twitter // Bloglovin // Facebook // Caro's insta // Mire's insta


Lots of love,
xxx

Mire

10 comments:

  1. Loved reading this! I definitely want to try the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara. I've been hearing great things about it lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you guys around , great post . xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fake lashes every day! Go you I cant even apply them if I wanted too!! xx
    http://oliviacherylx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a very similiar make up routine! I really love this post but I would love it even more if you added some pictures of the products and the colors you used - like how it looks like on your skin :) Anyways, amazing post!

    xo Ella
    kaleidoscope-of-heartbeats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've finished your exams?? Lucky!!

    And I just wear mascara, eyeliner, lipliner, eyebrow pencil and maybe a bit of concealer ><

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! It is always great to see what people are doing. Your routine is very similar to mine.
    Just out of interest what did you use to make the collage?
    - C
    Claudine Converses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi girls! I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award :) check out the rules here: http://sevenoone.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    xoxo,
    Rasya / www.sevenoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I come to visit your blog frequently to check if I haven't missed anything (I don't really trust bloglovin'), I really miss you girls on here.
    To give you a reason to write a new blogpost, I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award because I think you two beauts deserve it! All the details can be found in my latest blogpost! :-)

    Love, Vanessa x | literallyvany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely products. I would've loved to see the finished look on you! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate all of your comments a lot and always try to get back to them all! Feel free to leave your blog link, we love finding new lovely blogs xx